Hi everyone, I hope you’re doing good. I had a post I was going to publish but then I got the idea and inspiration for this one. So I decided to write and publish this first.
I want to hear what you guys have to say. So if you have opinions, please share them in the comment section. I am officially opening this debate in the comment section.
This one might be short unlike my other longer posts because I am writing this on this fly.
I’m going to talk about two of the most famous Content Management Systems for creating blogs today; WordPress and Squarespace.
I am 100% WordPress. I will not mention any specific names but I have the client who had her website built on Squarespace I was cool about this and did my job; working on SEO and Social Media Marketing.
So I’m cool about working on her Squarespace until… she wanted a blog. In my mind, I was already like “Squarespace uhn?” Let me move on to why WordPress roasts Squarespace any day for blogs.
- WordPress gives me enough rope to hang myself, which I love. It’s so easy downloading plugins and configuring plugins on WordPress. Unlike WordPress, Squarespace does not come with so many tools. So if you’re looking to start a blog, you want something that gives you enough leeway.
- WordPress is free. If you do not know, it’s free to install and start using. You have to pay for Squarespace. I’m leaving that there.
- You can create as many pages as you want on WordPress, but with Squarespace, you have to move from the $8 monthly plan to the $20 monthly plan to be able to create unlimited pages.
- You’re also limited on a number of products you can sell. If you want to sell more on Squarespace, you have to pay more.
- Say with me, “Templates and Themes”. On WordPress, there are thousands of free themes you can use. With Squarespace, that is limited and you can only use certain customizers.
So I have more but I would like to get feedback on this. If you have any reasons why Squarespace is better for blogs, leave a comment I will reply you asap.
Thanks for reading.